EFR's policy to COVID-19
Update, Thursday March 26th
This week, the restrictions of the government have been extended untill June 1st. This has also affected several of our upcoming events. Please take a look at the overview of events that were not cancelled up untill now:
- Investment Conference (8 April), cancelled
- Inhouse day Ministry of Finance (8 April), cancelled
- Interest drink Erasmus Recruitment Days (9 April), cancelled
- Study Trip Thailand (25 April – 4 May), cancelled
- EFR Involve Consultancy Project (25 July – 16 August). The project will continue to take place. The desk research in the Netherlands will be organised in a different way to allow people to work from home more. Moreover, there are currently no indications yet that the field research will not be able to take place. Interviews will continue to take place from March 25 until April 2nd. The interviews will be through Google Hangouts.
Update, Tuesday March 17:
Last week, we sent all members an email about the developments regarding the spread of the coronavirus. On Sunday, the government announced that all measures (no events with more than 100 participants i.e.) will be extended until April 6th. Obviously, these measures have an enormous impact on EFR.
Herewith, EFR provides you with an update on the upcoming events and their status:
- Master Orientation Days (16-18 March), cancelled.
- MUNROT (19-21 March), cancelled.
- EFR Inspiration Days (1 April), cancelled.
- EFR drink (2 April), cancelled.
- City Trip Warschau (2-5 April), cancelled.
- SABER x EFR Prague Conference (2-5 April), cancelled.
- EFR board interest drink (6 April), cancelled.
- Investment Conference (8 April). This event is after the supposed deadline of the measures, but we are not sure it would be feasible to organise this event on this date.
- SABER x EFR &Samhoud inhouse day (8 April), cancelled.
- Inhouse day Ministry of Finance. (8 April). For now, there are no changes to this event.
- Study Trip Thailand (25 April – 4 May). Again, this event is after the deadline, but we are investigating the chances of an impossed prohibition and whether we should cancel it now to be able to refund at least part of the money to participants.
- EFR Involve Consultancy Project (25 July – 16 August). The project will, as it seems now, continue to take place. The desk research in the Netherlands will perhaps be organised in a different way to allow people to work from home more, in case the university does not open in time. Moreover, there are currently no indications yet that the field research will not be able to take place. Interviews will continue to take place from March 25 until April 2nd. The interviews will be through Google Hangouts.
For those members who had already signed up for trips and already paid for their tickets, we have additional information. The guideline EFR adheres to is that we try to refund as much of your money as possible. You will be informed on this via email, as soon as possible.
EFR follows the guidelines of the Erasmus University Rotterdam which you can find on the EUR website.
Message, Thursday March 12:
With the growing concern regarding the corona virus, we understand you may have questions about the standpoint of EFR and what this means for you. Through this message, we would like to clearly state our position.
In general, we will aim to continue our work and organize the events the way they are scheduled. However, as an association we feel responsible for the wellbeing of our students and want to take the necessary measures to ensure we do not expose our members to any unnecessary risks. Regarding this matter, we will therefore follow the advice of both the RIVM and the Erasmus University Rotterdam. This means that no events with over 100 participants will take place until at least March 31st.
Over the next period, we will keep you updated about any relevant developments. We hope this clarifies our position regarding the matter. If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.